Eye Deal Optical offer all our clients a comprehensive 30 minute eye test, rather than average 20. This allows us time to listen to your needs carefully and examine your eyes in detail. Our Optician will take great care to find your spectacle prescription and will explain all of his or her findings at length. You will never be rushed.
We cater for both NHS and Private clients.
Here at Eye Deal Optical we offer 2 types of eye test:
- £29 (free to anybody entitled to an NHS test)
- Pre-testing with an Autorefractor – a machine will estimate your spectacle prescription before you see the Optician
- Discuss your recent history and symptoms
- Calculate your new prescription
- Binocular vision check to ensure your eyes work together properly
- Examination of your eye with a Slit Lamp Biomicroscope
- Pain free Glaucoma test - quick and painless method ensuring patient comfort
- Complementary digital Fundus Photography offered to all patients
- Our Optician will discuss the results of your eye test in detail with you and make any recommendations necessary
£49 (or a £25 supplement for those entitled to an NHS test)
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) is a 3D scan of the health of the eye using advanced technology and light waves to take a cross sectional picture of the retina. Previously only available in hospitals, we are now able to offer this equipment to improve diagnosis and to monitor current ocular conditions. Subtle changes in the eyes which would be previously undetectable can now be observed and monitored.
This requires a longer appointment time and occasionally dilation of the pupils.