Eye Deal Optical offer all our clients a comprehensive 30 minute eye test, rather than average 20. This allows us time to listen to your needs carefully and examine your eyes in detail. Our Optician will take great care to find your spectacle prescription and will explain all of his or her findings at length. You will never be rushed.
We cater for both NHS and Private clients.
Here at Eye Deal Optical we offer 3 types of eye test:
- £29 (free to anybody entitled to an NHS test)
- Pre-testing with an Autorefractor – a machine will estimate your spectacle prescription before you see the Optician. This will help our Optician to find the correct power needed for your new glasses
- Discuss your recent history and symptoms
- Measure your old glasses where necessary
- Check your vision without glasses
- Calculate your new prescription
- Binocular vision check to ensure your eyes work together properly
- Examination of the front of your eye with a Slit Lamp Biomicroscope
- Examination of the back of your eye with an Ophthalmoscope
- Eye Pressure check using an Icare Tonometer (no ‘puff’ of air technology)
- Our Optician will discuss the results of your eye test in detail with you and make any recommendations necessary
- £39 (or a £15 supplement for those entitled to an NHS test)
All of the procedures included in the Standard Eye test, but with the addition of Digital Retinal Photography.
This involves taking a photograph of the back of your eyes which allows our Optician to check the health of them in more detail.
These pictures are stored permanently on your digital eye record and can be used for future comparison.
This is a 35 minute appointment and is highly recommended
- £49 (or a £25 supplement for those entitled to an NHS test)
Everything from the Standard and Enhanced Eye Tests with the addition of:
- Visual Fields Testing
- Dilation of your eyes and full 3D Volk examination included but optional (requires a second appointment for pupil dilation)
- Full written report emailed to you within 7 days including fully narrated videos explaining any eye conditions detected during your exam.
- You will also be emailed your Retinal Photographs.
This appointment can take up to an hour in total.