There are several different types of spectacle lenses to choose from and sometimes making the right choice can be a difficult and confusing one. Here at Eye Deal Optical our experts are always on hand to offer advice and help you to make the right choice.
We specialise in dispensing all types of lenses from Single Vision to Varifocals. We are an approved Nikon lens supplier so we can offer premium Nikon lenses with any of our frames.
Confused about lens choice? Here is a brief explanation of the most common lens options:
- Used to correct vision for people who are Hyperopic (Long-Sighted), Myopic (Short-Sighted) or Presbyopic. We dispense stock single vision lenses and high index, thin and light lenses for those who have a strong prescription.
- Bifocal are used to correct both distance and near vision. They are often a more convenient solution than 2 separate pairs for anybody who requires both distance and reading glasses. Bifocals can easily be identified by the presence of a ‘segment’ at the bottom of the lens.
- Varifocals, like Bifocals are used to correct both distance and near vision. Unlike Bifocals, they do not have a visible line across the lens as the distance and reading prescriptions are gradually ‘blended’ into each other. Varifocals are now the lens of choice for anybody who does not want the inconvenience of 2 separate pairs. There are hundreds of different types of Varifocals available today, ranging from basic designs to the most modern and advanced designs.
Eye Deal Optical are Nikon Varifocal specialists. Nikon is a premium brand and are at the forefront of lens technology. A better Varifocal design provides a clearer and wider field of vision in both the distance and reading with less compromise.
- Also commonly known as Transitions, Photochromic lenses automatically react to sunlight and darken into sunglasses. They are a great alternative to a separate pair of sunglasses and are ideal for anybody who is sensitive to light. Photochromic lenses offer full protection from harmful UV rays and can help to protect you from developing eye conditions such as Cataract and Macular Degeneration.
- All spectacle lenses produce unwanted glare and reflections which can reduce the quality of your vision. Eye Deal Optical recommend Anti-reflective Coatings on all our lenses to maximise the quality of your vision. They are particularly helpful for anybody who drives or uses a computer and they also help to protect your lenses from scratches.
- More of us are using electronic devices throughout the day and recent studies have shown that this poses a potential risk to the health of your eyes. Computers, smart phones, tablets and televisions all emit ‘Blue Light’ which can disrupt sleep patterns, cause eyestrain and dry eye and even increase the risk of developing eye disease such as Macular Degeneration. If you use any electronic device for a few hours or more every day or before going to sleep it is strongly recommended that you have a Blue Light Coating to protect your eyes and help you to sleep properly.
- Most of us have experienced some sensitivity to sunlight at some point in our lives, especially if you have been abroad to a hot country. UV rays in sunlight pose a real danger to your eyes and can lead to Cataract formation and diseases like Macular Degeneration. It is important to protect your eyes from the sun so Eye Deal Optical can offer tinted lenses and UV protection to keep your eyes safe.